VC Defiant 1945 Catalytic Stove Burn Times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 medium split gave me 7 hours of heat with stop top temps peaking at 700 degrees and the stove reloaded at 300. I've been running small hot fires the last two days to see how it burns.

To put it in perspective, 4 medium splits in the Heritage that peaks at 600 degrees would give me about 4 hours of temps above 300 degrees.

We topped out at 46 degrees so this is the only stove I'm running. I didn't need the stove this hot, but I am seeing how the stove burns with different loads and what type of flexibility I have with this stove before I purchase another one.

I've been having some issue recently with larger overnight loads burning quickly and smoking too much .

Status
Not open for further replies.