VC disposal ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
fbelec said:
sorry solar. i guess i misrepresented myself. i meant for sale on craigslist or ebay.
i did look up the prices for parts thou. not to bad depending on what has to be replaced.
lower fireback is 109.28
upper fireback is 57.14
gasket kit 23.59
that is all from woodmans stove parts.
that stove would cost me way more than a new stove is cuz if i bring home another project or start something else on this house without finishing it the divorce would cost me dearly.

lol...thought we had a deal there:) I married a lawyer, so I can appreciate the cost of divorce.

The real problem with these stoves is that if you run them hard, you will need to be doing serious maintenance every year. Guaranteed, I would be into it for more than 2 bills. I have a good feeling about the BK.

that's a shame about running it hard. i run one of those indestructible defiant 1 to bad they are a creosote maker cuz this stove is a great heater.
love that smoker i can just taste it now a nice pork butt or beef brisket. where the beer :ahhh:

fbelec said:
that's a shame about running it hard. i run one of those indestructible defiant 1 to bad they are a creosote maker cuz this stove is a great heater.

It was a neighbors old Defiant that got me into VCs in the first place. He has been heating his house with it since the 70s. No issues and you never see smoke coming out of his chimney. He probably burns 2-3 cord more a year over a new stove? But, he hasn't bought anything in 35 years other than gaskets and processes his own firewood of his land. So, the real cost to him is an extra few days of processing every year.

Thanks for all the ideas. They are both on their way to a fellow hearth.comer's house to start new lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.