VC Encore chimney height and other questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcarver141b

Sep 25, 2009
Western WA
I have a VC Encore 2550 the owners manual says the chimney should be 16' for 6" pipe. I am using 8" straight up and don't know how high the chimney should be. The stove was installed 4 years ago and seems to work OK, however the chimney is 7' above the peak of my single story roof. Also, for the life of me I cant find the secondary air probe behind the refractory access panel, or is it below the catalytic combustor. Someone mentioned that the cat should glow, the cat is covered, how do you know it is glowing?
Thanks
Kevin

Welcome Kevin,

I have a Encore NC with 8" diameter. The total flue length is 19 feet. It works great. I use griddle top and a flue surface thermometers. However...

Since you have a cat version, check the owners manual or call a good VC dealer with your question, if you don't get an answer here. Search also for previous threads on this subject.

Lots of great advice here. Burn wisely and safely!

Status
Not open for further replies.