1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

VC Encore chimney height and other questions

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by kcarver141b, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcarver141b

kcarver141b New Member

Loc:
    Western WA
    I have a VC Encore 2550 the owners manual says the chimney should be 16' for 6" pipe. I am using 8" straight up and don't know how high the chimney should be. The stove was installed 4 years ago and seems to work OK, however the chimney is 7' above the peak of my single story roof. Also, for the life of me I cant find the secondary air probe behind the refractory access panel, or is it below the catalytic combustor. Someone mentioned that the cat should glow, the cat is covered, how do you know it is glowing?
    Thanks
    Kevin

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Essex County, New York
    Welcome Kevin,

I have a Encore NC with 8" diameter. The total flue length is 19 feet. It works great. I use griddle top and a flue surface thermometers. However...

Since you have a cat version, check the owners manual or call a good VC dealer with your question, if you don't get an answer here. Search also for previous threads on this subject.

Lots of great advice here. Burn wisely and safely!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.