VC Intrepid still being manufactured ?? Intrepid weight ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kent Rogers

Nov 20, 2020
California
I called a local stove dealer (referred from the Vermont Castings web page) a couple of weeks ago to get a price on an Intrepid. The person told me VC doesn't make the Intrepid any longer. I called a different dealer the other day and he said no problem getting them from VC and gave me a price. I emailed VC to confirm with them that they still make the Intrepid. Hopefully they ill get back to me.

I forgot to ask VC the weight of the stove. I have read several reviews on the Intrepid and the ones that state a weight for the stove have varied by as much as 100+ lbs. Do any of you know the actual weight of this stove ?? Thanks..........

That's a lightweight compared to the Progress Hybrid= 700 lbs

Thank you Daksy !! I got an answer from VC confirming they still make the Intrepid. Looking at these stoves (on line) that weight seems reasonable, not the 300+lbs one reviewer stated.