VC Montpelier secondary air inlet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mgssrs

Oct 25, 2020
Webb lake Wisconsin
I have read quite a bit on this forum and learned a few things that I didn't think I needed to know.:) This is my first post.

I found the primary air inlet holes on my Montpelier but not the secondary inlet. Does anyone know where the air that feeds the tubes comes in?

Also I'm not crazy about the removeable handle. I saw a picture of one with the handle fastened to the door. I'm how people are fastening it and if it gets too hot?
Thanks for any help.

I can't help with the source for the re-burn tubes. My stove is 10 years old, so perhaps they have made some changes. I don't think you'd want to fool with it regardless.

As for the handle -no it doesn't get too hot. Its a simple screw-on.

I can't help with the source for the re-burn tubes. My stove is 10 years old, so perhaps they have made some changes. I don't think you'd want to fool with it regardless.

As for the handle -no it doesn't get too hot. Its a simple screw-on.

Thanks. I don't want to make any changes to the air intake, I just want to know where it comes in.

My handle is a loose fit with no threads. It's made to be put in each time you use it then removed . If that was the way yours was did you drill a hole in it and put a screw in it or did you buy one that will screw in?

I have a Montpelier II 2019 model. My understanding is there is only one air intake hole, on the right side lower back corner. The air come in then split 2 ways: the primary air travel front on the right side, to the front to the "doghouse" air outlet in the center front; and the secondary air travel up the right side then feed into the tubes.

I have a Montpelier II 2019 model. My understanding is there is only one air intake hole, on the right side lower back corner. The air come in then split 2 ways: the primary air travel front on the right side, to the front to the "doghouse" air outlet in the center front; and the secondary air travel up the right side then feed into the tubes.
Thanks for your reply. The II must be different. Mine has two holes in the bottom on either side of the fan. They go straight into the box under a metal plate.

Thanks. I don't want to make any changes to the air intake, I just want to know where it comes in.

My handle is a loose fit with no threads. It's made to be put in each time you use it then removed . If that was the way yours was did you drill a hole in it and put a screw in it or did you buy one that will screw in?
The handle on my stove attaches with a screw through the center of the dowel.
I did a quick look around on the web, and couldn't find where they came from the factory with a removable handle. Are you the original owner?

Attachments

• handle.JPG
    handle.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 81
The handle on my stove attaches with a screw through the center of the dowel.
I did a quick look around on the web, and couldn't find where they came from the factory with a removable handle. Are you the original owner?
That looks like mine but mine has no threads. Yes I bought it new and the dealers said that's the way they are. I Googled it and found the threadless one for sale on Amazon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-064237.png
    Screenshot_20201103-064237.png
    87 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20201103-064331.png
    Screenshot_20201103-064331.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 92
That looks like mine but mine has no threads. Yes I bought it new and the dealers said that's the way they are. I Googled it and found the threadless one for sale on Amazon
That metal piece on the handle comes off. Look down the wooden end of the handle, there is a screw inside. Unscrew that, and then screw it into the metal lever on the door.

That metal piece on the handle comes off. Look down the wooden end of the handle, there is a screw inside. Unscrew that, and then screw it into the metal lever on the door.
Well I was at my cabin and you are right. The handle unscrews from the metal stub and then screws into the pivot handle on the door. Thank you. I only wish the dealer would have told me that when I asked him.
I still don't know where the secondary air inlet is located but at least I have my handle attached.