1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

VC Resolute Acclaim - 1988

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by Rob Amstutz, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Rob Amstutz

Rob Amstutz New Member

I have an 88 Resolute Acclaim, Model 0041, cast iron. I bought it two years ago from someone who claimed they only burned it a few times. Last year I burned it hard and after the season I had to replace with arch inserts. This year, It appears I am having to replace the upper firebricks, lower firebricks and the combustion package. All 3 units are warped and currently when I burn, it will burn very hot because of the added airflow. What is causing this to warp? The parts to replace will be over $350. Does it make sense to replace the parts or to part it out?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. sticks

sticks Member

Loc:
    Central IN
    parting it out may be tough. The most anyone would probably need would be the inner side plates. The parts you had go bad does happen a lot but that is still pretty quick. Sounds like you are really undersized.
  3. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    THe 0041 didn't have firebricks, but it did have endless problems. IF you do anything, get the parts kit that converts it to be like the currently available model which DOES have firebrick. Very expensive, but you end up w/ a decent stove. Better still, buy a Jotul. Acclaims, whether old style or new, are pricey to maintain. Expensive stuff wears out on a regular basis, more frequently the more you burn it. Can be great stoves though...