vc resolute II single or double wall pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatbug

Hearth Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Northern CA
I am so confused and frustrated. I have been online for DAYS trying to find adapter for my resolute, oval to round, 6". Have learned that it no longer is available, and have been told to "shove" a 6" pipe in there. OK, did that. It fits. My next problem is this: I need (live in mobile home) want to use double wall pipe in the house to the triple wall pipe that will go through the attic/roof. My question is, will the dimensions of the double wall pipe fit the "slight" oval opening? or is there an adapter that will fit the single wall piece coming off the stove (the piece I shove in the opening)? another question I have: is it necessary or helpful to use the in flue damper?
Also, while I'm at it, does anyone really know the difference between the resolute I and II? My stove says it was test ran in 1980, but the griddle sits flush on top making it a resolute II but they wern't technically made until Dec of 1981.

There are rules for installing a wood stove in a mobile home. First the stove has to be approved for it, it needs a outside air source,double wall stove pipe and last but not least it needs to be bolted to the floor. On the other hand I know of a lot stoves put in do not meet one of these specs. Your call.

I have the manual for the Resolute and nowhere does it say it needs to be bolted to the floor. I think mine is a resolute lll but not sure, I did know last year but not sure now. Two doors with glass, flat top griddle top door. I love it but need to read more since I forget alot of what I learned last year. Put a fire in tonight and it seems fine, had the chimney cleaned earlier last month so good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.