1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Venting Jotul QT - Hearth Installation

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by scottgen20, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I would insulate and see if that works before extending the chimney or buying a fan.

Have you thought about pulling the stove out some and installing a rear heat shield so all your heat doesn't get absorbed by the masonary? I think you would notice a big difference in heat!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

I don't know too many tripple or quad EEEEE widths Little humor here nothing more than I read your post
  3. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Guest

Point being there has to be enought verticle hight for smoke to develop momentun. Restric the flow, elbows or change in direction one has to add to the verticle height to allow momentum to be built up again. If you should need help with Math formulars or lineal equasions, I can not help but would call on my three brothers to smooth over the interpetation. One PHD MIT U Pitts and dean Chemistry. Secomd PHD Math Math Carnigie mellon Working some where in the Pentagon. Third Phd in electrical engineering
    Me working on my PHD in English and have a long way to go. but a sense of humor
  4. scottgen20

scottgen20 Member

Loc:
    Lower Saucon, PA
    I'll give the liner insulation a try.. At the least, I should have drier wood on my side.. The wood that I used last season seemed not to be quite ready for prime time.

I suppose that if nothing works, I can resort to the fan.. I'm not crazy about having to introduce mechanical ventilation into the picture, but at least I would be assured of getting a good draft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.