1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Venting Question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by lesmary, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lesmary

lesmary New Member

Loc:
    central ma
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a Building Code say how far from the ground a exhaust venting pipe has to be.
    I want to install my pellet stove in the basement, there is concrete from the ground grade to 22" above grade then I have wood shakes for siding.
    The Pellet stove being installed is a Enviro Maxx. The manual says the vent termination has to be a minimum of 24" above grass plants wood or any combustible materials.
    Thanks for your help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrownianHeatingTech

BrownianHeatingTech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwood, NH
    Code says you have to install according to the manufacturer's requirements, whenever they are stricter than the code itself.

Joe
  3. lesmary

lesmary New Member

Loc:
    central ma
    Sorry for the confusion I meant the pipe it self not where the pipe ends. I have looked and ask some people but I could not get a clear answer.
    The stove pipe will come out from the cement 12" and then rise about 3 feet, can the stove pipe be 15" above grade not the termination point because that will be 3 feet above grade. Thanks
  4. BrownianHeatingTech

BrownianHeatingTech Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwood, NH
    As long as the termination meets the requirements, you should be fine. The vent pipe has its own clearance standards.

Joe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.