Venting.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwilliamson

The Stove Guy
Hearth Supporter
No, not pellet stove venting....

I just bought a used Ariens snowblower tonight for the storm....started it up and started clearing the driveway. 10 minutes into the job...blew the engine. Anyone on the boards a small engine repair guy in Southern Mass??

Just to keep it relevant, my stove is burning beautiful...just came in from the shop, house is maintaining 78.

Let me guess, A Tecumseh and she tossed the rod? What horsepower?

There is a few fellows in the gear room that might help you. I am a bit far away from you. Still got a few moes and shortblocks down stairs.

they don't come with oil in the motor sometimes, did you check it?

smwilliamson said:
I just bought a used Ariens snowblower tonight for the storm....started it up and started clearing the driveway. 10 minutes into the job...blew the engine.....

I'll assume that you checked the oil level after you bought it/before you started it. They are pretty simple engines, and use splash type lubrication....it takes a major malfunction to blow one up.

If it had old fuel in it I bet you exploded a piston. This ethanol fuel is driving everyone crazy. All it takes is a little moisture and kaboom!

Depending on what you paid for it and how old it is, you may be smarter to look for something else.

Doocrew said:
If it had old fuel in it I bet you exploded a piston. This ethanol fuel is driving everyone crazy. All it takes is a little moisture and kaboom!...

Not impossible, but I doubt it. And even if the piston DID break, it wouldn't be due to the ethanol in the fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.