Vermont 0028 rattle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellbird

Feb 27, 2012
N Ill
Anyone have any idea how to stop rattle. I believe it's the left heat deflector and just started to rattle, not all the time but more and more. Seems to stop when I open the lid. Natural it started
as soon as the weather got colder, at least around the Chicago area. Noticed is seemed kind of loose when replaced a couple of parts this summer.

Thanks for any advice

More likely the 2ndary air flap, located behind a cover plate in the lower middle of the back of the stove. Tighten it bend it do whatever, but be SURE that it still moves freely!!

Happy heating

I agree with defiant3. Its almost definitely the secondary air intake shutter. I wouldn't bend it, but you might consider replacing the spring on which it operates. The temperature probe which extends into the refractory gets dirty sometimes. Just touch it up with a wire brush.

I think your both correct, a short time ago the spring came off which I just put back on, I will look at it again. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.