Vermont casting Vigilant Termostatic air door heat sheild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PunKid8888

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
South East NH
So I bought a used older Vigilant stove from Craig's list a while ago. and it had been pretty good but tends to have bad temp swings if I am not on top of it.

So I have been looking at some manuals and exploded views and I realize I am missing the rear Heat shield that goes over the thermostat, Its used if there is no big rear heat shield for the stove.

two of the screws that held in the big rear heat shield are broken off inside the stove. so until I extract those I was thinking of fabbing the little heat shield that goes around the thermostat.

So anyone have a picture of one and how its mounted, and maybe even a couple dimensions for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.