Vermont Casting Wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nana

Mar 1, 2016
Antigo, Wi
I have a Vermont Castings Resolut Acclaim Model 0041 woodburning stove and need to replace the combustion package. I cannot find any instructions on how to go about it. The existing chamber has crumbled and does not budge. Any idea where I can find instructions. Vermont Castings is no help.

There in a shop in Warrensburg, NY, by Lake George. They were very helpful to me years ago getting parts and directions. Had to take the whole stove apart but was well worth it. Got it for free because back firewall was burnt through. The stove was a Vermont Castings Defiant!

OK but realize the 0041 is different from the 2490. In fact, it may be a mistake to spend $240.00 on parts for an 0041 at all! Check carefully for cracks on the inside sides of your stove. They usually radiate out from the bolt in the center of the core sides. If it IS cracked, understand that the stove will NOT seal up properly, and will overfire. Not much you can do, and the new comb. pkg. will be toast in short order. Sorry, not trying to be dramatic, but almost all 0041's really are at retirement age. Maybe yours isn't there yet? Look for those cracks though...

Status
Not open for further replies.