1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Vermont Castings Intrepid II Model 1308

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by deenibeeni, Oct 2, 2012.

1. deenibeeni

deenibeeni New Member

Loc:
    Sugarloaf, CA
    Hi all. I just replaced the catalytic combustor and refractory assembly and all the gaskets, everything went great & the stove is back together. Except one bolt. I took off the lower right hand acorn nut (looking at the back of the stove) and the bolt on the inside has fallen into the stove. I cannot see a way to get to it from the inside. :oops:
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    I'll give it a look. I have a 1308 around here somewhere.
  3. deenibeeni

deenibeeni New Member

Loc:
    Sugarloaf, CA
    Thanks, Browning BAR. That bolt does not appear to hold stove parts together the way the top one (damper housing) and middle one (upper fireback) do. I am actually wondering if I can put the same size bolt in from the outside just to keep it airtight rather than take the entire stove apart.
  4. deenibeeni

deenibeeni New Member

Loc:
    Sugarloaf, CA
    P.S. You have to click on my <------ avatar to see it in action.
  5. Richard Case

Richard Case New Member

I need to replace my refractory chamber in my Intrepid II. Will removing the damper housing provide access? Anything else I should know? RC
  6. elmoleaf

elmoleaf Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern Massachusetts
    In both cases, try Google online for an exploded parts diagram and the owners manual. Both will provide the information you need.
    Also keep in mind there are slight differences depending on what generation Intrepid II you have. For example, in the early model, the 1303, catalyst access is from the rear of the stove.