1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Vermont Castings Old Intrepid 1302 - firebrick replacement

Post in 'Vermont Castings & CDW Dutchwest older Models' started by valcour, Sep 27, 2012.

1. valcour

valcour New Member

Hi,

I just acquired an old VC Intrepid, model 1302. This is the pre-1988 non-cat model. The stove is I great shape, but I think it needs the firebricks replaced. There are currently two bricks in the stove, mounted vertically below the upper fireback. The manual I have shows three bricks total, with one located horizontally below, but it's not clear if that diagram is for the intrepid ( the manual is for multiple stoves).

Any 1302 owners out there that can offer insight and brick location?

Thanks,

Val

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. defiant3

defiant3 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    No. NH
    You've got the right diagram, don't worry. Is there something wrong w/the brix? Why replace them? Well, to do that you must remove the upper fireback, held by 2 special bolt things w/ acorn nuts on the back of the stove, then the wrole thing comes out and bingo, there's your brix!

If the one most visible is cracked, just swap it w/ the one lying down which will be in good shape.