Vermont Castings Radiance Generations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwh63

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2019
MA
i have a model 2600 radiance heater (1995), and am wondering how things changed after that model was discontinued. i believe the next model was a 2700 series. not sure how many improvements were made; i believe the front could include swing out doors and a spark screen. also, the burner design changed from a stainless steel top to a matrix style. also, i believe they eliminated the b-vent option.

i spoke to a dealer , and they said the older models are no longer supported. the newest radiance does have an option for an adapter that turns the direct vent into a b-vent. they don't call it a model number, just radiance now.