VG5770 spare parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlc1976

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2012
Northwest Lower Michigan
It's been a great stove so far, but with any stove, sooner or later something is going to break. I want to be prepared when it does. I have an LP boiler as backup heat but avoid running it like the plague because it costs 4x as much as using pellets. Not only that, the LP has been planned to last through the winter (range, dryer, water heater). I'd rather not waste it on heat and have to pay winter prices when it runs out early.

So I'm thinking while I have a little extra $$$, I'd like to have a few crucial spares on hand. Things I absolutely couldn't run without. Ignitor is just a cartridge heater and at the worst I can light it manually with a firestarter square. But I'm thinking at least the exhaust fan motor, room fan motor, and the auger motor/gearbox assy. Control board maybe, but I've been thinking of making my own controls for it anyway. Exhaust thermo switch would be a good idea, I've already replaced the room overheat switch with a White Rodgers one because the original was loose. I already removed the hopper door switch and put a manual override on the exhaust fan (nice for cleaning). I work in a metal shop, so I could replace the door glass with a piece of steel in an emergency.

Any other parts anyone can think of?

I understand that this stove shares many parts with many other stoves. So there are likely different manufacturers of the motors and things, and more sellers than I can count. Any to recommend or steer clear of?

Thanks.

It's been a great stove so far, but with any stove, sooner or later something is going to break. I want to be prepared when it does. I have an LP boiler as backup heat but avoid running it like the plague because it costs 4x as much as using pellets. Not only that, the LP has been planned to last through the winter (range, dryer, water heater). I'd rather not waste it on heat and have to pay winter prices when it runs out early.

So I'm thinking while I have a little extra $$$, I'd like to have a few crucial spares on hand. Things I absolutely couldn't run without. Ignitor is just a cartridge heater and at the worst I can light it manually with a firestarter square. But I'm thinking at least the exhaust fan motor, room fan motor, and the auger motor/gearbox assy. Control board maybe, but I've been thinking of making my own controls for it anyway. Exhaust thermo switch would be a good idea, I've already replaced the room overheat switch with a White Rodgers one because the original was loose. I already removed the hopper door switch and put a manual override on the exhaust fan (nice for cleaning). I work in a metal shop, so I could replace the door glass with a piece of steel in an emergency.

Any other parts anyone can think of?

I understand that this stove shares many parts with many other stoves. So there are likely different manufacturers of the motors and things, and more sellers than I can count. Any to recommend or steer clear of?

Thanks.
All 3 motors,thermistor,clips for auger motor,and new auger bushings.The switches can be temp. bypassed.Control head would be nice,but prob. expensive.And burn pot if the bottom is getting thin,but you would have already known that.Can of spray moly and/or graphite.And xtra beer,never enough beer! ;lol

Reactions: tlc1976
Status
Not open for further replies.