1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Video - First fire in my new stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Shortstuff, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    The inspector came and went and I couldn't wait to fire my new Castile up. There are a limited number of videos on YouTube and other places where I tried to find a pellet stove starting up, but couldn't find any. So I made my own.

Being my first stove, everything appeared to work exactly as it was suppose to. I wasn't expecting as much smoke during start-up, but maybe a little of it was also the new paint in the burn pot. The top of the stove barely got warm at all, although the sides got good and warm, near hot. The ventpipe also got pretty hot too (Duravent Pro) and I'm hoping that is normal. This stove really puts out the heat!

Those who are veterans with pellet stoves, please let me know if everything appeared to work as it should.

First Fire

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. savageactor7

savageactor7 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CNY
    Nice video Shortstuff...and props to your 1st burn.
  3. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    Seemed to look like everything was working fine.

Enjoy the stove!
  4. BadDad320

BadDad320 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW New Jersey
    Very Cool!!! Errrrrrr..... Hot !!!! I can't wait to start mine up too. I guess I'm also thrilled about cutting back on my oil consumption. I feel that I'm actually part of a solution by not using so much oil. Good fortune with your new stove. BadDad320............
  5. MoeB

MoeB New Member

Loc:
    Bangor, Maine
    Now that is one of the best advertisements for the ease of pellet stoves that I have ever seen! Awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us. Best wishes on many years of enjoyment and savings on your new stove.

Moe
  6. Steveo

Steveo Member

Loc:
    Maine
    Awesome video love the Van Halen! who did you get to inspect the stove installation? I installed mine but did not pull a permit, should I have?
  7. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    I guess it could depend where you live...

Here I was required to pull a permit. The building inspector will come out when I am all done and give it the blessing (I hope) which includes a paper for your insurance stating that it was done properly. Seems to me this would increase your chances of getting the insurance to pay up if you had a loss. ;-)
  8. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    I synced that video up with the original cut of Start Me Up by the Rolling off of the Tattoo You album today. You wouldn't believe how parts of the song and the burn hit right on time with each other.

Enjoy that stove guy.
  9. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    nicely done!!
  10. BubbRubb

BubbRubb New Member

Loc:
    Hagerstown, MD
    Looks very nice. I'd enjoy seeing a few more of these as more forum members get their stoves installed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.