Video - First fire in my new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff

Feeling the Heat
Jun 5, 2008
Southeastern MA
The inspector came and went and I couldn't wait to fire my new Castile up. There are a limited number of videos on YouTube and other places where I tried to find a pellet stove starting up, but couldn't find any. So I made my own.

Being my first stove, everything appeared to work exactly as it was suppose to. I wasn't expecting as much smoke during start-up, but maybe a little of it was also the new paint in the burn pot. The top of the stove barely got warm at all, although the sides got good and warm, near hot. The ventpipe also got pretty hot too (Duravent Pro) and I'm hoping that is normal. This stove really puts out the heat!

Those who are veterans with pellet stoves, please let me know if everything appeared to work as it should.

First Fire

Nice video Shortstuff...and props to your 1st burn.

Very Cool!!! Errrrrrr..... Hot !!!! I can't wait to start mine up too. I guess I'm also thrilled about cutting back on my oil consumption. I feel that I'm actually part of a solution by not using so much oil. Good fortune with your new stove. BadDad320............

Now that is one of the best advertisements for the ease of pellet stoves that I have ever seen! Awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us. Best wishes on many years of enjoyment and savings on your new stove.

Moe

Awesome video love the Van Halen! who did you get to inspect the stove installation? I installed mine but did not pull a permit, should I have?

I guess it could depend where you live...

Here I was required to pull a permit. The building inspector will come out when I am all done and give it the blessing (I hope) which includes a paper for your insurance stating that it was done properly. Seems to me this would increase your chances of getting the insurance to pay up if you had a loss. ;-)

I synced that video up with the original cut of Start Me Up by the Rolling off of the Tattoo You album today. You wouldn't believe how parts of the song and the burn hit right on time with each other.

Enjoy that stove guy.

Looks very nice. I'd enjoy seeing a few more of these as more forum members get their stoves installed

Status
Not open for further replies.