Viet Nam Veterans Day 29 March

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
I would like to thank ALL my brothers & sisters who served in Southeast Asia & welcome them ALL home. I am the son of a USAF Viet Nam Veteran, who got as far as Oakland Army Base on orders for Nam as well. I got diverted to Germany, but during a one week stay at OAB, I pulled KP on my dress khakis & served Steak & Egg "Return Home" Breakfasts to all who made it home on their own two feet. That may have been the ONLY "Welcome Home" many of you ever received. I am proud of that KP duty, & as a Patriot Guard Rider, I SWEAR that no returning US Military Veteran will EVER be treated in that manner...

Attachments

• Nam Vets Days.jpg
    Nam Vets Days.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 102
Bob, just saw this.... my uncles served in the USN.

I thank every one for their service.

Reactions: DAKSY
Thanks Bob.

As you know, an army marches on it's stomach, so peeling potatoes is just as important as anything else. Logistics has always been the key. It amazes me to read about those guys humping 70-90 pounds on virtually no food and water...though 95 degree heat and 100% humidity.

As far as treatment of veterans, I luckily never either saw or participated in any of that (dissing) crap. The vets I met back then impressed me because they knew how to do stuff and had self confidence.

Thanks for being a part of remembering.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.