Vigas 60 stack adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Newvigasowner

Dec 12, 2013
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Hi guys, i installed a vigas 60 in my garage last year and it seems that I cannot adjust my stack temps, when i set max stack temp to 350°f it always hovers around 500-550°f. Is there another setting i have to change or should I be looking for something else wrong somewhere?

I figured some of the Vigas guys would have chimed in by now. With our lower-tech boilers a high stack temp generally means you're primary air settings are too high and/or your tubes need cleaning. Or perhaps your primary circ pump flow rate is too low (assuming output temps are also high).

How are you measuring the stack temps? If this is a measurement being taken by the boiler itself it sound like you might have a defect if it's not running to the set point. Weird.

Yes by the boiler display panel, if i lower max flue temp setting to 300*f it'll run around 500*f on diplay. If i bump it up to 420*,it'll run around 550*. I'm curious as to why its not running at the requested setpoint but always higher. Is there another setting or something i should be looking at. Tubes are clean and pump is on high speed pumping to storage.

Bad servo motor?

I dunno? I'll look into that... Would be happy to hear if other vigas run the same way or not. l'll be patient and hopefully someone knows. Thanks.

Bear in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about but I did almost get that model.

I looked at the manual for the ak4000 controller, page 19 I think. I guess there are some service settings that allow you to disable the exhast gas sensor if it fails. Maybe it's been disabled by accident. The manual for the ak3000 doesn't seem to go into that detail, but maybe it's the same.

In case of exhaust gas thermometer error it is possible
to disconnect thermometer from operation. It is possible
to operate boiler untill replaced as a standard model.
Exhaust gas thermometer will not be used. To
deactivated boiler use boiler thermometer, yes – boiler
with thermometer, no – boiler without thermometer.

Bear in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about but I did almost get that model.

I looked at the manual for the ak4000 controller, page 19 I think. I guess there are some service settings that allow you to disable the exhast gas sensor if it fails. Maybe it's been disabled by accident. The manual for the ak3000 doesn't seem to go into that detail, but maybe it's the same.

In case of exhaust gas thermometer error it is possible
to disconnect thermometer from operation. It is possible
to operate boiler untill replaced as a standard model.
Exhaust gas thermometer will not be used. To
deactivated boiler use boiler thermometer, yes – boiler
with thermometer, no – boiler without thermometer.

Its in the ON setting in configurations, thanks for input tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.