Vigillant vs Defiant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to take a look at an old Vigilant tomorrow a few hours away and wanted to take my Camry, how hard would it be for me to disassemble this enough to put it in the trunk and other pieces in the front to disperse the weight enough to get it home, or should i quit being so cheap and pay the extra gas money to take the truck?

Redbear86 said:
Going to take a look at an old Vigilant tomorrow a few hours away and wanted to take my Camry, how hard would it be for me to disassemble this enough to put it in the trunk and other pieces in the front to disperse the weight enough to get it home, or should i quit being so cheap and pay the extra gas money to take the truck?

I'm not familiar with the trunk of a Camry, but there isn't much on this stove to take apart to make it smaller. Just the feet.

It isn't a typically heavy stove. It is under 400lbs. If the Camry's trunk is large enough, you should be fine. I'd bring the truck, though, just in case the trunk is too small on the Camry.

Take the truck, and a few planks. Stove will move up planks pretty decently. Dead lifting them into a car's trunk will cost you a poo-load more (in the herniated disk surgery on your back) than the gas money the truck will cost.

pen

Take the truck. You will regret trying to stick it into a car trunk. No matter what you do, make sure to unscrew the thermostat assembly on the back. It is very fragile and will break off at the mounting block if you bump it, leaving the threaded portion in the block and you will have to drill it out. Don't ask how I found this out. That thermostat is a $30 part, so pay attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.