Virus alert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
I just clicked on the Outdoor Furnace Supply ad at the top of the page and AVG detected some kind of a virus on that site. I don't know if that's a webmaster thing or if it's OFS's baby.........just thought someone should know.

I did the same thing. Really screwed up my computer. I did manage to use a different computer and place a order with them.

Rob

It buggered my computer pretty good. I was wondering where it came from.

if anyone not familiar with it and has it, go to lavasoft and download the free ad-aware program and it will resolve it.

I really need to buy norton for my new pc.

Same thing here. Same banner ad.

My son is computer literate. We use AVG freeware. Seems to work well.

Hi, I sincerely apologize for anyone that has had issues. There was an issue with the site weeks ago that was resolved immediately. However, from what our webmasters tells us if you are using AVG it will still show a threat. This (as they explain) is because once you get on that list with AVG it is much harder to get off it. We are working on the issue. However, from what I understand there is no longer an actual threat, just a notification from AVG because we haven't been taken of the list yet. Can anyone else confirm if they have had issues in the past week or two other than just the pop up notification?

Also, for anyone that needs to and doesn't want to order online please feel free to call and order. We take the majority of our orders this way anyways.

Thank you for your time and continued support,
Kyle Brent, Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.