vistaflame v100 issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piperider

Feb 16, 2015
canada
ok recently bought a vistaflame v100 of my buddy basically we both have the same setup a mobile with a porch anyway he had it all serviced a month before I bought it working great he ran it on 3 pretty much a bag a day in pellets heat was good around 24 anyway he went with heat pumps so I bought the stove off of him.I installed it in my place he showed me how to clean it and all was good but since I hooked it up running on 3 im burning 2 bags a day getting a fair amout of unburnt pellets in the grate after a day around 40-50 pieces burn pot has to be empied twice a day and I got to clean it every 2 days at the least he cleaned it every 3 nothing was changed with the settings I was told to adjust the trim but in the book it says trim adjusted on low only my friend never messed with settings just turned it on is there something I may be doing wrong or ?.I noticed theres roughly around 8-10 pellets dropping at a time on 3 another friend of mine has an older enviro and he runs his on 3 and his drops 4-5 at a time

theres the flame

Attachments

• 20150216_151640.jpg
    20150216_151640.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 94
anyone have any idea im trying to decide whether or not I should get someone in to look at it or is it just user error on my part

Could very well be a difference in the new venting or draft. Some dirt maybe got loosened up during the move? Are you familiar with a complete tear down and cleaning? Just because it was serviced doesn't mean the tech knew the stove or that he didn't miss some part of the cleaning process. Maybe look for some cleaning videos on ytube for your stove if your up to doing the work. If not it may be time for a service visit from a different tech.

I am not saying any of the things I mentioned are the cause but just throwing some ideas out to you.

yesterday after I posted I was talking to a repair guy got him to come in and give it a good cleaning he also adjusted the air he told me everything looked good but after he left yesterday at 1:00pm I filled it with a bag of pellets set it on 3 and I got 13 hrs out of a bag 120.00 bill to gain an hour and I must say he cleaned it good I watched him

Status
Not open for further replies.