Vistaflame vf 55 fs owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allied35

Sep 1, 2012
Central NY
Hi, just picked up a vf55 fs. Went to set it up so I was taking the cardboard out of the fire box and the firebrick just fell forward. My question is how is this held in place?? I looked for a long while and could not figure it out.

Thanks for any help!
-Pat

hi allied.i too just picked up a vf55.my firebrick was damaged when i opened up the door for the 1st time so i returned it to the dealer and am waiting for the replacement to come in.this stove is basically an m55 so go to the envirofire website where they have tons of videos that will give you the ins and outs of the stove.

Thanks corkman, I have looked on there sire but never thought of the video's. I'm gonna look a little more, either my rear plate is not in correctly or the firebrick is too short.

Thanks again!
-Pat

the brick is not the easiest to take out for some reason.the video makes it look easy but i had difficulty with mine too.there are two screws that hold the metal bracket that is at the top of the brick panel.i had to loosen those and that gave me some wiggle room.
i am gonna take the brick panel out and replace it with the cast iron liner kit.it cost me $140 from the dealer and i just picked it up .
i hope to have my install done in the next couple weeks.i'm coming off the stove with a t and then going straight up thru the roof.
i'll post some pics for ya when its all done
where you located?

Thanks again Corkman. I took the stove all apart the other day and I have concluded that the brick must be to small, everything goes together fine but the brick still just falls out... I'll have to get back to the stove shop and have them get me a new one, or maybe I will upgrade to the cast back. I'm in Central NY near Syracuse.

enjoy your stove i have the big boy vista 170 and love it , i to am near syr madison county

Where in Madison county? I just bought a house in eaton, grew up in hamilton....

georgetown and i know were you got your stove in hamilton lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.