VOGELZANG 5770 SLIMLINE PELLET STOVE (NOT GETTING TOO HOT)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
ok 1 more thing till we gotta have the multimeter. check your hopper lid switch make sure its closed if it is try jumping it.

Reactions: Mt Bob
One more thing,also,make sure you can spin the combustion blower by hand,and it spins freely.Sometimes they get jammed by a chunk of carbon,and usually only happens after a cleaning.If you cannot find your meter,they are as low as 6 bucks at Harbor Freight.

Reactions: Ssyko
Ok, will do. I have a digital multimeter,and an analog one that I got free from harbor freight, I think they are in my tool Bags in my shed. Will you guys be able to respond tomorrow ?
Thank you, the both of you guys for all of your help means alot...

LOL,We that help check in regularly.What shy's us away is not getting a logical answer,When someone asks you to preform a test,give a clear concise answer. But we do not sit around the PC and wait ,we have jobs and lives.

I gotcha, but it's only because of my company that's over, and I'm a carpenter that sometimes has to throw certain tools in different bags when I'm in a rush and I wish I could just start going through them to find the multimeters, but I can't tonight..
I know you can't be by your PC's all day, lol and you have lives lol. Things have a way of breaking down on me at the worst times, I mean it just never fails. Sorry about that but I thought I said I couldn't find them, thank you.

I gotcha, but it's only because of my company that's over, and I'm a carpenter that sometimes has to throw certain tools in different bags when I'm in a rush and I wish I could just start going through them to find the multimeters, but I can't tonight..
I know you can't be by your PC's all day, lol and you have lives lol. Things have a way of breaking down on me at the worst times, I mean it just never fails. Sorry about that but I thought I said I couldn't find them, thank you.
LOL! Gotcha.Carpenters make the worse mechanical people,in my opinion.I cannot remember how many times I have, over the phone, helped my BIL,a true master carpenter,fix his old St Croix pellet stove,and his cars and trucks.You ever want to be a true master carpenter,move to Kalispell,MT, and I will fix you up with my BIL or his son.BTY,I gifted(although they partially paid me back) a Harman P68,to replace their old St Croix,last winter.Was the first winter they never had to fire up their wood furnace,because the P68 put out so much heat.They are very happy with me.

Wow, your absolutely right I wasn't mechanical for the longest time, but in the last couple of years I started fixing cars, and small engines like I've never done before, because I started to like it and got really tired of dealing with undependable people in sullivan county, yes it's known for that, unfortunately alot of upstate areas are like that. And I don't trust garages unless I know people that work there, and I always had a good mechanic on the side, but lately I've been fixing my own machines.
Btw, you definitely hit the nail on the head about carpenter's being non mechanical. But luckily I'm breaking out of it more and more.
Wish I could learn more from a master carpenter like your friend, I always want to better myself and there's never enough to learn... Sounds like they're very lucky to know someone like you !

I will be in and out all day tomorrow but i got an idea we are chasing our tails. We will see ;)

Reactions: Mt Bob
I know what you're saying, I actually feel like I'm doing that, partly because I can't concentrate the right way when kids are screaming and running around, etc
I hope I'll be able to work right tomorrow, but I'll tell you one thing, these U. S. Stove parts are expensive. Aready knew that the circuit board was around $300 but as I was skimming through parts I saw the burn pot for $134 OMG probably costs them $10 to make, I mean that's just sick, they know they got you. Besides I don't think Vogelzang is made to well at all, IMO anyways.

I will be in and out all day tomorrow but i got an idea we are chasing our tails. We will see ;)
Hey guys, company left and I have my multimeter, hope Im doing this the right way as far as the air switch goes, going to do the hopper now as you advised me yesterday, here's a pic. Thanks

Attachments

• 20201129_190816.jpg
    20201129_190816.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 90
Here are the wires coming from the temperature switch , everything I've done so far is at 11 volts

Attachments

• 20201129_191453.jpg
    20201129_191453.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201129_191446.jpg
    20201129_191446.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 87
When I first power it on the blower fan moves a little, then stops, this might be it, unless the weight from some dust on it or somewhere else inside is stopping it, like you guys have mentioned, I'll take it off and give it a good cleaning

Attachments

• 20201129_193918.jpg
    20201129_193918.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 92
That blower motor looks like its been warm a few times. That may be part of the problem. All of the switches, the user board they are connected to is looking for a 5v return when the stove has been on for 30sec. Now the manual has nothing on higher voltage just that it’s looking for 5v. 11v may be ok or not thats higher than my pay grade.

That blower motor looks like its been warm a few times. That may be part of the problem. All of the switches, the user board they are connected to is looking for a 5v return when the stove has been on for 30sec. Now the manual has nothing on higher voltage just that it’s looking for 5v. 11v may be ok or not thats higher than my pay grade.
Lol I got you, I've just finished cleaning it, now I'll put it back ,I'll look for the 5 volt return but just a little confused about where you want me to check,or if you mean all of the connections like I did the other side

Here are some more pictures, 1st is connectors bypassed from thermal disc reading 11v next are connectors by passed from blower only reading between 0 and 1v

Attachments

• 20201129_203103.jpg
    20201129_203103.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 90
  • 20201129_203458.jpg
    20201129_203458.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 93
What happened?

Well I was testing the voltage of the connectors to the control board and a probe fell and hit another part of the board, and that was all she wrote, now I'm *f***d

screwed is more like it. Board time.

Look on Flea bay or maybe Dinosaur you might find one less than OEM which is always over priced and you might be able to fix it yourself depending on what you fried. As a rule, I NEVER work around electrical anything with 2 hands. I always use one and an alligator clip on the other lead.

Look on Flea bay or maybe Dinosaur you might find one less than OEM which is always over priced and you might be able to fix it yourself depending on what you fried. As a rule, I NEVER work around electrical anything with 2 hands. I always use one and an alligator clip on the other lead.
Well gotta make sure exactly what I need ,I know for sure circuit board is fried, wires leading to board are fried, need another room air blower motor, of which I think was the problem to begin with, user board I think is ok . Do you think it's worth fixing ? I'm not sure. And one of the main things that make me worry is that these parts are not returnable. IDK...

Most electronic parts aren't returnable as a rule. Whether it's repairable for you is entirely your choice. All depends on what your conventional fuel bill is versus the cost of repairing. If it's a wash, sell the unit on CL and carry on. Not for me to say, only you can determine that.