Vogelzang Auger Motor 80488 Diffrence between 1 RPM and 1.5 RPM I see both listed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joe.G

Jan 21, 2018
NY
Vogelzang Auger Motor 80488 Diffrence between 1 RPM and 1.5 RPM I see both listed. Manual for stove calls it a 1.5 RPM, But most I see listed for the stove and under that part Number are listed as 1 RPM. Does it matter? Which should I get? the 1.5 RPM seem to be about double the price of the 1 RPM. I am looking to just pick up a spare. Thanks

You want what came on your stove, other wise you may not be happy with the results. There should be a sticker on your old motor that can be referenced. Manuals are not always right.

Id have to see if I have the Orginal motor as it went bad not long after I got the stove, I am pretty sure I replaced it with one from the Manufacture though.

I believe the Replacment Auger on it now is 1 RPM, I have a Merkle - Korff Model B4415 / 4415UI
P/N 80488 Is what is on the Tag, Stove seems to work well with it.
Does a 1.5 RPM Feed more pellets?

A 1.5 rpm motor would feed 50% more pellets leaving all else unchanged. Might overheat the stove.

I am trying to Confirm that this motor is 1 RPM, The P/N is either 1 or 1.5 Depending on the Manufacture.

Well USSC and at least 6 reputable stove parts places say it should be 1 rpm.
The net can be your friend.