VonHaus woodstove Eco Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndburn

Sep 11, 2015
oregon
Anyone here using the VonHaus brand specifically? Unfortunately I don't think adding the blower to our PE Super is in the cards for this season so I am thinking about trying one of the stove top eco fans to help move some air but I don't want to spend too much for one, I'd rather put that money towards a blower than spending $80+ for the Caframo brand. The VonHaus can be purchased new for $40, I'm willing to take the $40 gamble and just looking if anyone here has any pro/con feedback on that unit before I buy it.

Haven't seen that one before. It won't hurt, though the difference may be subtle depending on the floorplan. A simple stand fan blowing at low speed across the top of the stove would be more effective. Or, depending on the floorplan it may be more efficient to blow cooler air from another part of the house into the stove room area with a simple table fan placed on the floor. (requires line of sight from the fan to the stove area)

If you do get one it may need a trivet. The max temp for the fan is 572ºF which is below the max for the stove top. Our stove often cruises at 650F.

Status
Not open for further replies.