Waking up to refill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for sure had plenty of coals when I woke up. I haven't had to much trouble with that. I questioned about who wakes up to feed the fire was outta curiosity. Did I get more flame (usable heat in my book) I believe so, I feel that the stove took longer to get to a all coal stage, therefore house stayed warmer. I didn't get up once to reload. I haven't had too much trouble with having hot coals after 10 hours, but the heat output is minimal. So, I may or may not get up. I guess now if the oil turns on, it will be minimal. There are soooooo many variables with a woodstove. I am learning as I go, and am very happy with the purchase, and expect it to pay for itself by the end of next season, unless I buy a splitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.