Walmart Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robzheat

Sep 30, 2006
Someone mentioned in a previous post about a Wal-mart in Massachusets selling pellets for $3.00 a bag. Does anyone know which Wal-mart and what town???

Walmart in Northboro, MA doesn't have any pellets in house...
The guy who I spoke with had a heavy foreign accent
and I had a hard time understanding him to begin with,
so I didn't even bother asking if the 3.00/bag rumor was
bs or not.

I'm surprised they have no pellets. Most places around here seem to have plenty. Perhaps they have no pellets because they were selling them so cheap previously.

I was skeptical about it myself. The cheapest I found around me was $242.50 per ton and those were on the lower end of premium pellets, right at 1% ash in fact.

The Walmart in Syracuse had some inventory - at $4.95 a bag. Prices were the same at some of the other Walmarts that I contacted this afternoon.

zeta said:
Walmart in Northboro, MA doesn't have any pellets in house...
The guy who I spoke with had a heavy foreign accent
and I had a hard time understanding him to begin with,
so I didn't even bother asking if the 3.00/bag rumor was
bs or not.
\

i called and confirmed they were 3.00 bag but that was a couple of days ago so they are probably out ... but my walmart would not sell them to me for that price

tonybertino said:
I'm surprised they have no pellets. Most places around here seem to have plenty. Perhaps they have no pellets because they were selling them so cheap previously.

I was skeptical about it myself. The cheapest I found around me was $242.50 per ton and those were on the lower end of premium pellets, right at 1% ash in fact.

try lowes they are 224 ton at least over here in western ma

HarryBack said:
Lowest price for Premium Ive seen is $199/ton in MA :red:

me too:)
and he had about a lot of tons left when i went
for that price its worth the drive for 2 tons or more

iceman said:
i called and confirmed they were 3.00 bag but that was a couple of days
ago so they are probably out ... but my walmart would not sell them to me for that price

Yeah I called minutes before I made that post.
They do not have any pellets in stock now..

Lowes in Brockton, MA wants 270 bucks for a ton.

The cheapest I've seen around me is Lowe's in North Attleboro at $242.50 a ton, and that's for a low end premium fuel, "Nature's Own" I believe it's called.

I just called the North Attleboro Walmart. They are selling it at $4.94 a bag, so $247 a ton.

iceman said:
try lowes they are 224 ton at least over here in western ma

The price I'd pay for gas would probably cost more than the difference in price. Not to mention the time involved. Thanks anyway though.

mgambuzza said:
The Walmart in Syracuse had some inventory - at $4.95 a bag. Prices were the same at some of the other Walmarts that I contacted this afternoon.

$4.06 in Auburn NY Walmart and a little lower for a ton

Of course it was true, i did realize after the fact however that I was giving up a secret but I am stupid that way. I was just trying to help when I posted 3 bucks a bag and I just figured it may be that way across the board, maybe prices dropping everywhere due to supply catching up with the demand as the demand was slow for a while with at least New England temps being warm for most of the start of the winter. Actually I am surprised that prices are not dropping elsewhere. When I was there there was a pallet being loaded at the 3 dollar price I only wish that I bought more as my car would not hold to many bags.

Oh well, sorry to start something, I was just trying to be helpfull, isnt that what its all about?

GVA said:
HarryBack said:
Lowest price for Premium Ive seen is $199/ton in MA :red:
Just wish that place was a little closer to me..... It's about 95 miles..... :mad: ........... ;-)

is that mass pike or cutting through RI i believe you could take 140? through prov hit the pike around the last worc exit (for you first for me) and cut off about 30 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.