Walmart -Pennington pellets 1.50 per bag. How long did they last?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toastyinri

Jan 5, 2006
Rhode Island
Went into Walmart last week (the one in the RI Mall) and saw two ton of Pennington pellets priced at 1.50 per bag on the display floor....that's no typo. Turns out they had four tons total going for that price. I want to congratulate whoever scooped them all up before I had a chance to get back there with a borrowed truck.

My big question to the sales guy was, "how long did you have the pellets"? (since every time I went in there over the winter they never had any)...no answer. Reason they were priced to SELL....remodeling the store.
Guess those pellets grew on the trees in the garden shop.

Snooze you lose! Should have bought them on the spot and worried about transport later. With those 4 tons and the 4 tons that were just delivered, I coulda been a pellet pig!

(note to the one who lucked out: the 5 bags missing from one of the tons fit perfectly in the back seat of my car)

dam! thats $75 bucks a ton!!!!

My own experiences with pellets from Walmart
has never been good. Quarter of a bag of dust
doesn't sit well with me so I wouldn't have taken
them even if they were free...well maybe would
have taken a bag or two for free to use for liquid
spills in the garage.

Preused ufO brOKer said:
u gots 2 much $

Actually I can barely pay the bills, just have the experience
and the smarts to know to stay away from the chit pellets
at the box stores. They jockey em around too much and turn
em to crap.

zeta said:
Preused ufO brOKer said:
u gots 2 much $

Actually I can barely pay the bills, just have the experience
and the smarts to know to stay away from the chit pellets
at the box stores. They jockey em around too much and turn
em to crap.

these were still in the shrink wrap with the tops cut open. I've burned Pennington Nature's Heat in the past without complaint,,,probably about a half ton here and there,,,and find them great for early fall and spring burning just to take the chill out. Tried them in dead of winter last year and heat output was just not there compared to Fireside Ultra. I know what you mean about the handling in box stores though when they stack them for display. At 1.50 per bag, 75.00 per ton 300.00 for the 4 ton, somebody scored big time.

I bought 2 tons in Jan for $2.00 a bag. I found Pennington's do not throw enough heat for dead of winter . November to March is our cold months low teens and Walmart hard wood pellets just would not throw enough heat to keep the house at @ 72 degrees. Going to buy heaters for the cold months this winter they are softwood and work out good for me. I have 1 1/2 tons of pennington's left for this fall I burned 135 bags last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.