Walnut Log Value

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suematteva

May 25, 2006
Rutland, VT//Southern Quebec
Was asked to clear trees on lot for a house that someone is building. Beautiful trees on the lot. On the parts to be cleared for house and right of way for driveway are a few nice walnut trees.. Very straight and healthy. Any idea on the value of a 12-15 inch log for 8-10 feet. Have called two guys with mobile mills one on vacation other on the Harley..Thought would ask here. Thanks Matt

Where are you located, Vintage? If you give me a zip code, I will try to find a few sawmills in your area who might be able to help out.

Portable sawmill guys might not have enough experience to give you a good idea of their worth. A regular sawmill would. Of course ultimately, they're worth whatever somebody is will to pay.

Eric Johnson said:
Where are you located, Vintage? If you give me a zip code, I will try to find a few sawmills in your area who might be able to help out.

Portable sawmill guys might not have enough experience to give you a good idea of their worth. A regular sawmill would. Of course ultimately, they're worth whatever somebody is will to pay.

Eric, Thanks. sent you a pm and email..I am in Rutland 05701. Logs are in Quebec..rough figure would be great...Will not bring them across the border...I do not even want to cut them. Even suggested moving the right of way and house...no dice..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.