Want to add battery to UPS to extend run time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Cyberpower 1500 UPS attached to my Harman Advance that will give me 15 minuets run time on the supplied battery( 7 amp hour?). I also have a generator so If I am home I can hook It up If we loose power for an extended period of time. I am trying to cover all the bases and want to extend the run time so If I am away from the house for an hour or two and have a power loss I will be able to get home and run the generator. I have seen 100 amp hour deep cycle batteries that will do the trick for like $300.00. But before I spend that amount of money I am trying to figure If I could hook up an extra lawn tractor battery to do the job. The battery I have is a 12 volt 230 cold crank. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to convert amp hours to cold cranking amps. .Any help with this question will be appreciated.If I ruin the battery by doing this just one time It Is ok as Its an extra. I need about an hour more run time.
Thanks
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.