Q&A Want Wood Stove in Santa Rosa

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a good friend-fellow firefighter- who is building his own house on ten acres here in the Santa Rosa area. He is wondering what kind of wood stove he should buy for his 1800+ square foot house. He wants to put it in a 20'x23' "great room" with a 23' beam ceiling. He would also like to see a nice romantic fire in his new house. He's really not into a pellet stove- because of the fans etc.. I guess the question is what kind/brand and size would be best. There is a lot of local manufactures- with Buck being the biggest. They all say that their's is the best-naturally...any help would be appreciated.

Answer:

Truth be told- many (if not most) of the stoves around today are quite good. The lousy stove companies all went out of business when the strict clean air standards took effect in 1990. I have a cohort there in Santa Rosa- who has been in the business a long time.

The name of the company is "On FIre" and they should be easy to find in the phone book or online directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.