Wanted: A larger replacement for a VC Aspen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re: fans

I have long been opposed to fans in wood burning appliances. The absence of a fan was just one of he factors that caused me to choose my Jotul Oslo. However, I had a chance to hear the optional blower on an Oslo and was amazed by its near-silent operation. The noise of the blower was pretty much lost in the sound of the fresh air intake. I am not adding one to my stove, but I suspect there may be several makers out there today with blowers that operate quietly. And if the stove works with or without the blower you can choose to use it or not as circumstances require.

And if the stove works with or without the blower you can choose to use it or not as circumstances require.
All wood stoves can be used without a blower.

All wood stoves can be used without a blower.

Probably true. However, the quality of the heat produced by my Dutchwest was much better with the blower on. A lot more noisy, but much more even.

There are circumstances and stove locations where convective is preferable to radiant heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.