Warranty Card

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinger

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2011
SW CO
www.gregdinger.com
I bought a Santa Fe in September, installed it in November/December, and mailed my warranty card in early December. The card was preprinted from H&H Tech, etc. The first attempt came back as undeliverable as addressed. I double checked their website, came up with the corporate office address, so I scratched the first address and filled in the new one. It came back yesterday as undeliverable to address, and unable to forward???

Weird... thoughts?

Maybe I should have my dealer send it in with his next payment; guarantee someone would get it then!

I did mine electronically on their website. Maybe you should give that a shot.

Dealer is supposed to do it electronically now.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

According to the Report of the House of Representatives which accompanied the law (House Report No. 93-1197, 93d Cong 2d Sess.) the Magnuson-Moss act was enacted by Congress in response to the widespread misuse by merchants of express warranties and disclaimers. The legislative history indicates that the purpose of the Act is to make warranties on consumer products more readily understood and enforceable and to provide the Federal Trade Commission with means to better protect consumers.

The statute is remedial in nature and is intended to protect consumers from deceptive warranty practices. Consumer products are not required to have warranties, but if one is given, it must comply with the Magnuson-Moss Act.

Designation #6 - You do not require consumers to perform any duty as a precondition for receiving service, except notifying you that service is needed, unless you can demonstrate that the duty is reasonable.

The need for warranty cards is null and is a duty exercised to the consumer. Your written slip of purchase already contains your information.

Dinger said:
I bought a Santa Fe in September, installed it in November/December, and mailed my warranty card in early December. The card was preprinted from H&H Tech, etc. The first attempt came back as undeliverable as addressed. I double checked their website, came up with the corporate office address, so I scratched the first address and filled in the new one. It came back yesterday as undeliverable to address, and unable to forward???

Weird... thoughts?

Maybe I should have my dealer send it in with his next payment; guarantee someone would get it then!

Did you install it yourself? HHT had added a limitation to the warranty that the stove needs to be installed by a "Qualified Installer". Though I think any homeowner is qualified, especially if it passes inspection, HHT may not. I haven't heard their position on this.

The bottom line is that there is no requirement to actually register your purchase as a condition of your warranty. The only reason you may want to do that is to be notified if there is a recall or update to the product. Why the letters get returned is, as you said, rather troubling.

Status
Not open for further replies.