warranty on a e-classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco-one

Dec 30, 2007
has anyone purchased a warranty beond the factory warranty? this is a tough warranty to go by all the different thing you have too watch for or your warranty is viod WOW!!!

eco-one said:
has anyone purchased a warranty beond the factory warranty? this is a tough warranty to go by all the different thing you have too watch for or your warranty is viod WOW!!!

Personally I don't think that would be too bad of an idea on a lot of these first generation gasifiers from OWB manufacturers. Judging from what I've seen, some are pretty low on the learning curve. The traditional Euro designs like EKO, Econoburn, Tarm etc have been around a while and are fairly proven. You are absolutely correct on the warranty being spelled out by a lot of these companies. The ones I have read have more disclaimers, ifs and buts than a Philadelphia lawyer could figure out. Read the fine print on any boiler you purchase and you may be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.