Was cleaning my stove and....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2009
NORTHERN MAINE
Was quite amased at the dust, I had not seen this much mess last year. I definately need to clean out the blower more often.Replacing my doorseal next and then im ready to burn..

Attachments

• Blower from Pelletstove 002.jpg
    Blower from Pelletstove 002.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 889
  • Blower from Pelletstove 001.jpg
    Blower from Pelletstove 001.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 883
KINGOFTHENORTH said:
Was quite amased at the dust, I had not seen this much mess last year. I definately need to clean out the blower more often.Replacing my doorseal next and then im ready to burn..

You also likely need to clean the motor as well.

They sure can collect the crud.

Blew it out with the air compressor, quite a cloud.

WOW....I've never seen anywhere near that amount on my blower......even after 1 1/2 tons.

Probaly almost 3 tons have been burned since i cleaned it last ,I'm so ashamed....lol.. :red:

I cleaned off the screen on a friend's Earth stove. They weren't getting any convection air from the stove, and last year it overheated. The screen had a mat of fibers about ⅜" thick! No pets in the house, either. They keep the stove very clean, but the service guy who showed them how to clean it never showed them that area, so it never got cleaned in 4 years. You can bet they'll keep that screen clean from now on! They are thrilled that the stove blows heat across the room now. That's all the payment I need!

KINGOFTHENORTH said:
Probaly almost 3 tons have been burned since i cleaned it last ,I'm so ashamed....lol.. :red:

I hope you checked for oiling holes on the motor....probably need 2-3 drops in them too:

Attachments

• blower lube ports.jpg
    blower lube ports.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 768
  • ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    ConvectionBlowerOilHolesSC.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 753
Thanks for reminding me about the oil holes, Ill definately get that done, before I install it tonite.

I've never taken the blower off my Lopi, would i have too since i have burned 3 full seasons ?

IMACMAN.. what oil would you recommend putting in those 2 areas?

imacman said:
KINGOFTHENORTH said:

I hope you checked for oiling holes on the motor....probably need 2-3 drops in them too:

Thought id show how the door and blower came out(new window gasket and door seal). Oil holes in blower are happy.The glass gasket is not as wide as the original one, does anyone think I should do it over with a wider gasket? Taking the door off to work on it sure helped on this task.Happy burning everyone..

Attachments

• pelletstove pics door gasket 008.jpg
    pelletstove pics door gasket 008.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 326
  • pelletstove pics door gasket 012.jpg
    pelletstove pics door gasket 012.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 309
  • pelletstove pics door gasket 013.jpg
    pelletstove pics door gasket 013.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 330
Blower looks GREAT, and I'm sure the bearings are saying "thank you!".

IMO, the gasket you put in should work just fine.

Nice work!!

Thanks imacman. The glass gasket had me a little worried.Theres enough material to rap around the glass but isnt sticking way out like the old one, which was falling apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.