1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Was hating my F3100, had first stages of a chimney fire last night

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by pearlgirl, Dec 12, 2012.

1. pearlgirl

pearlgirl Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    We've got five too! :) Ages 4-14. I was very glad I knew right where the fire extinguisher was Tuesday and had no trouble getting to it. Even more glad I didn't have to use it! :) I do think we'll be getting a few more though to have them in other areas of the house that are further from the ones we do have. I figure we should I have one in every area branching from the stove that way I'm not crossing the house for one or having to go upstairs or something. It also seems to boil down to as safe or as dangerous as your crook dealer seems to think is ok as we are finding out. It's unbelievable.
    raybonz likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    My youngest and last full time kid is 15 years old. My youngest son comes home college for the holidays etc. He spent a year at Syracuse University as a matter of fact and transferred to Northeastern as he didn't like the course structure at Syracuse. His apartment in Boston is 10 minutes or so from work and he has come home with me a few times :)

Ray
  3. Oldhippie

Oldhippie Minister of Fire

I like the poem.. that's a LOT of chimney, it'll have strong draft. As it gets colder it will take less air to get the same temps.
    raybonz likes this.