I've had my Englander wood furnace for two winters now and it has served me well with free wood that I've managed to scrounge. However, options are always nice, so I've been investigating ways that I can burn Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) safely, cleanly and efficiently as I have a large supply of it since I use it to fuel my truck. I had read about folks rigging up contraptions with brake line to drip WVO into the firebox which does work, but it creates a smoky, dirty, and not particularly hot burn. I've also heard of people who have modified their home oil burners to run on a mix of heating oil and WVO, but since I rely on the oil burner as the SHTF backup, I thought it wouldn't be wise to mess with. I experimented with inspiration from this thread on a site which primarily deals with using WVO as a fuel for modified diesel engines, but they have a small sub-forum on space heating. I bought this nozzle along with the required adapter and this compressor as specified in the thread as well as some stainless steel braided hoses from McMaster-Carr and associated fittings. As an experiment I removed the bottom draft wheel from the Englander and ran the hoses through the air holes which then when up through the firebrick grate. The nozzle was aimed into the center of the firebox and I built a small fire with cutoff scraps and paper. With the WVO feed and compressor turned on I got a nice orange flame with a small blue cone just out of the tip of the nozzle that burned long after the wood scraps had been reduced to glowing embers. Using a ball valve on the WVO feed I could regulate the size of the flame. I should have taken pictures. Stack temps never exceeded 500 degrees or so. The stack temp on my oil furnace measured about 650 the last time it was tuned up, but WVO has less BTUs per gallon than #2 fuel oil so that wasn't a surprise. Outside there was not a wisp of smoke nor the smell of french fries :lol:-just nice a nice clear wavyness coming out of the chimney. However, this success was short lived. As it turns out, IN the firebox is much too hot for the small viton o-ring in the nozzle, which melted and clogged the oil passages. Plain air from the compressor was still passing through the tip, but the oil passages were completely gummed up. This was a little disappointing since there is no easy way to mount the nozzle just outside the firebox without drilling into the body of the furnace which I wasn't keen on doing-then I had an idea: One of the best features of the Englander add-on is the 9" x 9" window which is held in by four simple metal tabs bolted to the back of the door. I needed to remove the glass anyway because it's about time to replace the gasket, removing the glass revealed that it's about 3/8" thick and just shy of 9" x 9" (about 8 and 15/16") so I thought, why not replace the glass with a piece of steel plate with a hole in it for the nozzle? That way all draft controls would be in place and the nozzle would be mounted to a removable piece that doesn't modify the stove as it would "bolt on" just like the glass. I got out Google Sketchup and got to work: I'm having a shop fabricate the plate since I don't have the equipment to cleanly cut or punch 1/4" steel plate. $60 and it should be ready next week. More pics to come then! Now the standard disclaimer, yes I know this is not what the stove was designed for, yes I know this voids the warranty (it's expired), yes I know the insurance company would declare my homeowner's policy null and void if my house burned down, etc... Basically this is more of an experiment than anything that I'm only going to be using when I can be around ie: the weekend. There is no way to turn the flame off and on automatically, so I just run it until the house gets nice and warm and shut it off or turn it down a bit. I do all of my own chimney cleaning so I'll be keeping a close eye on flue conditions, but since I'm getting such a clean burn I don't think that buildup will be an issue.