Waterford Stanley maintenance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray milosh

Nov 30, 2012
Hi all,
I have a 1993 Waterford Stanley. i have used it for 8 years for cooking, heating the water and heating the house. (The house is small, well insulated and has solar features, too..that's why I am able to heat it with such a small firebox). I live in central North Carolina.
For the past few years, smoke seeps from under the left side of the cooktop on startup or if i damp it down too much. I have unsucessfully attempted to caulk it from the inside.

I hestitate to pulll it all apart and redo everything, primarily because it works fine otherwise and I lack experience with disassembling and reassembling this stove.

I wonder if that's the only way to fix it or if there is a simpler way. Anybody have any experience/advice/people I could call to ask questions?

if you are sure the chimney is clean, then yes- its time to take the inside of the stove apart to clean the baffle.

some waterford stoves have a removable cast top to access stove top bolts- to clean top of baffle
others came apart from inside- warped or damaged parts can make this hard! sometimes easier to pull the flue pipe and clean thru the flue collar.

luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.