Waterford Stove 100b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Hearth Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Gentlemen

I am in the process of refinishing my fireplace with cultured stone (will attach pics once complete). Being that my house is small and I just installed the New York Wood Boiler in the fall I really dont need the fireplace for heat.

I would like to put an extra small freestanding woodstove in the fireplace. I like the look of that more than an insert. I really like the small waterford models.

My wife likes the enamel finished stoves. Being that I dont have alot of money right now, I have been looking in the classifieds and happend to find a Waterford 100b in a white enamel finish. I am going to look at it this week.

This is one of the only stoves that will fit the fireplace. Does anyone know anything about them (good or bad)? Efficiency? Safety? Quality? I know they are no longer made but again I am really not looking for heat output but rather look and maybe to burn some small pieces in the shoulder season.

If it is in good condition, how much do you think I should pay for it?

Thanks

It's a charming little stove, but I'd only consider it if the stove is in great condition inside and out. As for price, I'd expect it to sell for $2-300 in good condition. Otherwise, keep and eye out for a Jotul Nordic (F100) or 602 or maybe a Morso 2B?

Status
Not open for further replies.