Weak flame in St. Croix York insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsierra14

Oct 13, 2015
CT
hello everyone
I'm having a little but of trouble figuring out what is causing my pellet stove to have a weak burn. A few days ago I woke up and my pellet stove was blinking a #3 light. I checked to see if it ran out fuel and it was empty. I filled it back up and turned it on and noticed that it had a weak burn

#3 lite means proof of fire issue, which makes sense when it ran out of pellets.

Weak flame could be many things: change brand of pellets when refilled hopper, or air damper changed, or thermostat wire disconnected so its just running at idle/1 setting, ash doir not latched properly, plugged exhaust path, firepot ash dump not in all the way, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.