Week end Sam's club sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, will check pricing before buying membership.
Mike -

macman said:
Driz said:
.....Arghh, typical for up here. I just called and they just started getting them in and ONLY $250/ton. No plans on any sales either. Nothing all summer here either as far as I could glean......

Driz, have you tried the "Pot-O-Gold" pellets that the guy is selling up in your area? He lists on ebay all the time, and Eric at Kinsman says their a good pellet (same as ProPellet). A couple of forum members have said they have burned and liked them. The eBay guy is asking $216/ton.

If I lived up your way, that's what I'd be getting.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/PREMIUM-WOOD-PE...m3354eabce2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_968

Take a look at that Ebay ad. It's different than the one he had a couple months ago. He changed the address so the Plattsburg / Albany region is gone. Notice also the score of 18 with virtually NO feedback. I just showed it to someone who lived over his way all thier life and knows him. The advice is as I said before. Watch your wallet...................................Thats the short polite version.

Driz,
I've had two business dealings with him, the first was when I purchased a ton to test, the second was purchasing a truckload (22 ton), both were positive. I paid him for the ton of pellets when I picked them up. The truckload that I got delivered, I mailed him a check after they were delivered. I don't know of these negative thoughts that you have heard but IMO, if you pay for something when you pick it up, how can you go wrong. Also, on the truckload, he didn't ask for any money up front to get them delivered, this is unheard of in todays time, if I were selling them I would have got some money up front. I know of one other member (jsvo)of this forum that purchased a truckload with positive results.

Confirmed: I went there yesterday and the Scarborough store has gone up to $4.88/bag from $4.24 (The day after I bought my two ton!)

No worries, that's still cheaper than the $4.95/bag I paid last year. There will be more sales and I've been thinking about getting a membership anyway for gas, and stuff.
Mike -

Just came back from the Augusta store, $5.39 a bag!

This is one thing that irks me about Sam's, now I know they had the big one day sale, but when you have to buy a membership the everyday price shouldn't be the same (or more) as all the other local big box stores.

TSC is still @ $249, with Maine Choice and Maine Woods.

The $4.24/bag price in Scarborough had been there since July. Who knows? Maybe they over-stocked and needed to move some make room. Now that summer is coming to an end, I doubt prices will go lower; hopefully they don't go up.

Price went up again! I was at the Scarborough Sam's last night and their Penningtons were $5.00 / bag. Still not a bad deal for hardwood pellets (if you are a member).

Status
Not open for further replies.