Weekend fun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead Hot

Oct 15, 2011
Upper Piedmont, NC
I had a White Oak and Tulip Poplar taken down by a tree service. It was to close to the house for me to attempt. Now I get to have fun in the back yard. View attachment 68355 SSPX0105.jpgSSPX0112.jpg

Reactions: ScotO
It's nice when it's already in the yard and you get to enjoy the fragrance of White Oak without having to haul it home first. :cool: I've got some that I can get, off-site. Still debating weather I want to tackle it; The trunk is good-sized but there will be a lot of crotch pieces, not nice straight trunk all the way, like you have there.

You might be able to burn some of that Tulip this Winter. The Oak? Not likely to be anywhere near dry enough...

Nice pile of wood, I love the smell of that white oak. Probably the best smelling wood out there, next to applewood. That'll keep you busy for a while.

As counterintuitive as it might seem you'll be glad(specifically your back) the poplar rounds are the bigs ones - and not the oak.
Thats about the only wood that I'll still split with the maul.

It all looks like fun and easy splitting, bucking had to be the hard part.

Just don't tell any one how much fun it is. ;)
Folks will think your nuts.

Will make a nice stack too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.