Weird noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all i have been burning in the same insert the same way for 3 years and have ever noticed those noise before. I was rapidly ticking and as you would open the air it would go faster. Close the air it would slow down. I'm kinda stumped. The stove top was 400 and the flue was 350. I tried to load a video but it says the file is to large

It sounds like metal expansion/contraction caused by heating and cooling.

Hello all i have been burning in the same insert the same way for 3 years and have ever noticed those noise before. I was rapidly ticking and as you would open the air it would go faster. Close the air it would slow down. I'm kinda stumped. The stove top was 400 and the flue was 350. I tried to load a video but it says the file is to large
Are you sending a ton of heat up the flue? If your box is blazing like after you get a reload caught nicely and you leave it on high, you are sending a ton of heat/flame up your flue and your flue pipe is ticking like that. I had that happen to me a couple of weeks ago during a reload that I let catch for too long before shutting it down.