Well all becuase of you guys!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i have gotten the itch to clean my liner .. so i figured 3 months go clean it..
well, wasn't as easy as i thought but wasn't hard... and typically as many summit owners have stated ... minimal ash ...(made me ask myself why did i even do it ..it was so little)
However, being the newbie cleaning the summit... screwed up my gasket.. don't have one to replace it so will burn until i get a new one!!!
i must say it was very easy to clean the summit.... and i was worried as i have been burning some not quite seasoned wood !!!
THANKS GUYS FOR MAKING ME FEEL LEFT OUT BECAUSE I DID NOT CLEAN MY LINER! LOLOLOLOL

GOD BLESS PACIFIC ENERGY!!! MY SUMMIT IS THE S###
never had a stove that was so easy to maintain
makes me wanna buy something else and start testing stoves!!!
anyone wanna donate???

I did the same thing - much less secondary burn without that gasket!

where are you going to get a new one? can you use small diameter door gasket in a pinch?

Is there anything in the secondary burning chamber that needs maintenance?

is yours warped?

milner351 said:
I did the same thing - much less secondary burn without that gasket!

where are you going to get a new one? can you use small diameter door gasket in a pinch?

Is there anything in the secondary burning chamber that needs maintenance?

is yours warped?

i am going to get one from the stove dealer, i would think a door gasket would melt or burn.
don't think it needs maintenance except to clean it ..wipe it off
mine warped as the little bow people talked about ... yes a tiny lttle bit i don't think its warped though i think that is just natural
the thermometer on the front of mine stays at 600-700 a lot so i doubt its warped its just what happens...
i was told to put 2 gaskets on and it will be even better!

Hey mike,
I was just wondering....
what to you think about my choice of wood stoves. I bought the 50-snc30lc from
lowes end of season sale for $476.oo .

eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

i was thinking of gettn one of those for the basement ....but have not found it for your price yet!!

iceman said:
eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

i was thinking of gettn one of those for the basement ....but have not found it for your price yet!!

Don't do it. It'll make ya wanna throw rocks at the Summit.

No baffle "belly sag" and gaskets and stuff. Just a buncha heat. :lol:

Boring.

BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

Boring.

are you serious? i have heard good things abiut them and i love the fact that we have someone here from englander
but i woild love another summit.. but for the price you can't beat it!
what do you have???? hmmmmm i wonder

BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

Boring.

Of course you might have to pull it back out after painting it, and pre burn in, and then ship it back to the factory for a replacement. Then paint the new one and pre burn yet again, then put it in place.
That sure doesn't sound boring, maybe a bit painful. ;)

Reactions: WouldBurn
Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

Boring.

Of course you might have to pull it back out after painting it, and pre burn in, and then ship it back to the factory for a replacement. Then paint the new one and pre burn yet again, then put it in place.

Ice Call Tom at Chinmeysweeponline, get a pack of 3 off him. He'll hook ya up!

Hogwildz said:
Hogwildz said:
BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
eernest4 said:
Hey mike,
I was just wondering....

Boring.

Ice Call Tom at Chinmeysweeponline, get a pack of 3 off him. He'll hook ya up!

ok!!! hey i see you are gonna get a nc 30 too???????????

If I remember right Hog already has a 30 just waiting to install it.

crazy_dan said:
If I remember right Hog already has a 30 just waiting to install it.

Naw, I think he was gonna use the 30 to cut the sides out and make a baffle that didn't warp. :lol:

You guys are killing me! :cheese:

Yes I already have the 30 sitting in the addition waiting for the addition to be completed. Which is going to be a while yet.
I'd like to merge the two stoves together for a nice 6.5 CF fire box ;)

Hogz- is the 30 plumbed in yet, or just sitting there? I am really interested in a comparison of those 2 beasts.

Hog, how could you do it?? i thought you were pe for life ...and i was feeling guilty about it ..and you ALREADY HAVE IT!!! lol

Nope, shes not hooked up yet. I still have floors to lay etc etc. don't want to have to do it 2x. Still debating where I want it also.

Ice: I love my PE, but I ain't no fool either. A 30 at $476.00, how could I resist?
Besides, the Summit is good for the main house. I doubt the air flow will take care of the addition also.

Hogwildz said:
Nope, shes not hooked up yet. I still have floors to lay etc etc. don't want to have to do it 2x. Still debating where I want it also.

Ice: I love my PE, but I ain't no fool either. A 30 at $476.00, how could I resist?
Besides, the Summit is good for the main house. I doubt the air flow will take care of the addition also.

i know..lol i am trying to see if i can fit it in my fireplace (i think the 30 might be to deep) but the 476 price is gone...no lowes has them left however depot has em at 700 and falling .... i might get a 13

Status
Not open for further replies.