1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Well, didn't get any firewood cut :(

Post in 'The Gear' started by Nixon, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Nixon

Nixon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Sunbury ,Pa.
    But , I did get the chains ( double ring , 100 # each ) mounted on the Kubota . Then plowed mine , and the neighbors drives . Even plowed out our mail boxes . Seems like Pendot loves to plow them in just to tick of our mail lady :) . Just sitting here now enjoying a warm fire ,and reading hearth.com. . Life is good !!
    smokinj likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    I'm with you. Just got off the road, driving since 1am. Storm is really kicking up on this end of the country. Got the Innova running good.
    Nixon likes this.
  3. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Just threw a few more pieces into the Charmaster furnace and sitting down to the computer myself. I have about 8" of snow here, been working on saws in the cold garage all day. Found the strange problem with one of my 026's on again/off again performance............top cover was pinching the plug wire against the anti-vibe buffer plate shorting it out intermittently. Had a little hole burned right through the wire. Replaced the plug wire with one from one of my junker parts saws and she runs fine now. Also swapped out its 1-screw carb with a 2-screw WT22C one I rebuilt from another parts saw. Started tearing down the 029 Super I got yesterday to clean it up and see if anything needs tinkering with on it.;)
  4. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Are you up near Moosehead Lake? Vacationed up there once, beautiful country.
  5. flyingcow

Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    It is a nice area. I am up towards the new Brunswick border. Close to the end of I-95
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    You know my other winter passion FlyingCow . . . so I've got to ask . . . how is the snow cover up your way?
  7. flyingcow

Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    yes. but not sure how much, maybe a foot?. still snowing hard and blowing and drifting. What I am hearing is the trails are closed until they can run a tree harvester up the major trails. The previous storm dropped too many trees to remove by hand.
  8. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Guess I may not be coming up for a bit then . . . I know Washburn's Cat Groomer is down . . . or was down.
  9. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Your getting lazy there Nixon. Should have got one of those saws with auto bucking. Its a little tricky at first but she gets use to it. ;)
    Nixon likes this.