Well I bought a stove today! Again lol revised !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again lol .... Pete is this your final indecision?

:)

Ray

Yup it's so hard trying to choose between all the amazing stoves.
I was trying to decide so much that I was sticking my head in the stoves and having
them move them around so I could see them from every angle.
My sales lady was starting to loose her mind and asked if I wanted time alone with the stoves
to interview them hahahh. We are set for sure this time my wife
will make sure as I asked her to tell me NO LOL
Pete

Congratulatons on the F500, no wait, the PE, ah, no, the Rangely....ah, heck with it, go burn some wood, will you !?!? :)

Remkel my friend I will post picks of my burning something this weekend lol.
My wife said the same thing as you strange hu! :lol:

great lookin stove pete....glad you got out from under the nightmare you had with the other one. And I, too, expect some install pics.....

Is the firebox taller and is the stove as tall as the Rangeley? Because the 2ndaries seem to be the same height as ours.

Pete1983 said:
I was trying to decide so much that I was sticking my head in the stoves and having
My sales lady was starting to loose her mind and asked if I wanted time alone with the stoves
Pete

Congrats on the new stove! Did you take a load of wood with you to see how it loads?

We heat 1300 sq ft poorly insulated 1800 built 2 story house.We ran the stove at 400 during 0 °F weather and ran at 300 the rest of the year.You'll have plenty of heat.I believe they list the Oslo and Rangeley heating 2000 sg ft.

rdust said:
Pete1983 said:
Pete

Congrats on the new stove! Did you take a load of wood with you to see how it loads?

Rdust I took a measuring tape and measured out the box top to bottom side to side front to back and corner to corner.

Pete

I'm now holding off on congratulating you for buying Stove Brand ___________ (fill in the blank) . . . until I see an actual photo of the stove hooked up in your house. ;) :)

firefighterjake said:
I'm now holding off on congratulating you for buying Stove Brand __Jotul_F-50__ (fill in the blank) . . . until I see an actual photo of the stove hooked up in your house. ;) :)

That makes sense Jake!!! lol I will post it this weekend I hope ;-) I am very impressed with all the technology in new stoves when I grew up we had a steal box boiler that had to be fed logs constantly. Now I look and every brand has a ridiculously awesome advantage over the other brand so now choosing is based on what advantage you would prefer more lol. Its like hell because we find the one and we are set then somebody says did you see___________ Stove and I go damn!! lol

Pete

Come to think of it maybe we should melt down all the choices and then make a stove out of the molten metal and have a super stove to replace it !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I hate researching things lol

No they are the same dimensions on the outside.They list the 55 as 27" deep and the 50 24" but with the ashlip the 50 is 27 5/8 so thinking they were measured using the lip on 55 and without the lip on the 50.They're both 27 1/4 wide,30 5/8 high 27 5/8 (lip inc) deep.

firefighterjake said:
I'm now holding off on congratulating you for buying Stove Brand ___________ (fill in the blank) . . . until I see an actual photo of the stove hooked up in your house. ;) :)

I was thinking while Pete is looking for a new handle maybe he should try Re_Pete? lol :lol:

BeGreen said:
firefighterjake said:

I was thinking while Pete is looking for a new handle maybe he should try Re_Pete? lol :lol:

LOL I have started a spreadsheet to keep track of Pete's decisions :)

Ray

raybonz said:
BeGreen said:
firefighterjake said:

LOL I have started a spreadsheet to keep track of Pete's decisions :)

Ray

Ha what you do not know is I have a whole hard drive of decisions ha!! :lol:
Pete

Got Tired of looking at my name! said:
BeGreen said:
firefighterjake said:

You will be glad to know I made one at least lol

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/91006/

Pete

Pete we need to get you to WS along with Dennis and Judy! You'd enjoy meeting the other wood burners!

Ray

raybonz said:
BeGreen said:
firefighterjake said:

Pete

Pete we need to get you to WS along with Dennis and Judy! You'd enjoy meeting the other wood burners!

Ray

I wouldn't mind that it would be fun I think do you go ray?

Pete

raybonz said:
BeGreen said:
firefighterjake said:

Pete

Ray

Yup Dennis, Judy and I went out for dinner while there and we stayed at the same hotel along with Gamma, FBF, and a host of others..

Ray

Pete

I remember someone who was gonna buy a Castine but decided on a Rangeley. :roll:

raybonz said:
raybonz said:
BeGreen said:
firefighterjake" date="1329331554 said:

Pete

Ray

Where do you guys end up meeting? I am assuming ws stands for Woodstock no?

Pete

Yup Dennis, Judy and I went out for dinner while there and we stayed at the same hotel along with Gamma, FBF, and a host of others..

Ray

Pete

Pete

Most people stayed at the Baymont Inn less than 1/2 mile from Woodstock (WS).. If virtual Bart could make it then so can you! I wear my Hearth.com hat often and the WS T-shirt is very nice too! Craig supplied some good draft beer and hard cider too and Pen guzzled most of it lol along with Yeungling beer from Pa.

Ray

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.