Well, just went through first cord...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you from...? Only about a 2/3 of a cord here... in the balmy New England region. The last two days/nights was the first sign of winter though.

velvetfoot said:
...4 more in the garage.

Staying warm is what counts, even though it's warmer we are burning some sugar maple & beech, some guy mixed them in with the cherry.

zap

What guy do you suppose that was Zap?

stejus said:
Where you from...? Only about a 2/3 of a cord here... in the balmy New England region. The last two days/nights was the first sign of winter though.

Here in SW New Hampshire I've gone thru 2 cord so far. 90% of it was pine, though.

We had OUR first sign of winter back on Halloween...24" worth of winter!

I'm in disbelief at my wood supply this year. I still have more than half of what I expected to burn in December. I love burning wood in the cold days of winter, but this is a nice break. I'm sure we'll have lots of cold ass days in January and February. Last year at this time I was freezing my butt off installing exterior trim and siding on a roof by the water. This year I'm hoping for outside work, because it's so nice.

Anyway this nice weather also gives me a chance to hopefully help me get a little further ahead with my wood supply.

Almost 2 cords here, started in mid Oct, been 24/7 since.
3 to 3-1/2 more before winter is over. We "got winter" here :)

around 3 cord since the beggining of sept. heating house, shop, shed and domestic hot water.

We're still working on our first cord.

Not much here... About a cord between cottonwood, rounders and now some red maple... Had a few nights of cold with hickory and sugar but I am really hoping for some cold weather! Tired of starting fires from scratch at night as no fires needed in the am equals no coals!

Status
Not open for further replies.