WESO 125 stove burner box issue - need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

caolila

Feb 16, 2019
Missouri
Hi, I am new to this forum. We purchased a WESO 125 tile stove for an old farmhouse renovation. We installed it 5 years ago and have used it occasionally as we worked on the renovation project. We finished and moved in this year and have run the WESO stove with wood almost 24/7 since November. Today noticed a bulge in the back of the burn box. Do any of you expert WESO owners know if this is a problem in continuing to use the stove?, How we might get it fixed? I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Not sure how this happened!!
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7725.JPG
    IMG_7725.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_7727.JPG
    IMG_7727.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 560
Looks like the burn plates are approaching end of life. This happens over time, they are sacrificial. Unfortunately Woodman's says parts for this stove are no longer available. It may take coming up with a substitute or sending the stove to pasture. Are you burning mostly coal?

Based on the little I can see, it looks like you could finish the season. It's probably not dangerous at this stage, but it will continue to deteriorate. The burn plate protects the surrounding firebox metal from the intense heat. If you are burning wood only you might be able to create a replacement back panel out of vermiculite or skamol?

Is this the 125C? The stove looks like it might be a coal burner.

Yes, it is an HSK 125c. So could burn either coal or wood. We just have 80 acres on the farm, and tons of trees so we have burned wood. I may try to find another stove we can get a spare parts from to get a casting. It is such a shame that this company stopped making this stove. It's just a fantastic stove.

Weso is a nice stove, German made. I think it's primarily a coal burner. It will burn wood, but not as efficiently. You might try over on the coal burners forum to see if anyone has a lead on parts or has a lead on castings for it. www.nepacrossroads.com If none, you might be able to fabricate something.

Reactions: caolila